Monday, June 9, 2008

Surprise Visitor

This morning I entered the classroom and was locking my purse away in a cabinet when I heard a rustling sound.

My first thought was, "oh no! a rodent of somekind!"

But it wasn't a rodent at all.

It was a bird.

The poor thing must somehow have gotten trapped in the classroom yesterday (I share my classroom with one of the Sunday School groups at the church where my school rents facilities) and was now in a cornor under a stack of chairs with no idea of how to get out, as repeatedly flying up and hitting it's head on the underside of the chairs wasn't working too well.

The custodian came armed with a broom to help guide the bird back outside.

And unfortunately, other than knowing that the custodian was successful (there is no longer a bird in my classroom), I have no idea any of the particulars of how he did it. I was called away to be a mommy and go bowling with Tgirl's class as a chaperone.

No comments: