Monday, June 9, 2008

Great News!

I got a call the other day from the big boss telling me that I will be transferring to the other elementary campus to teach fifth grade, my favorite grade level. I am estatic!

I am a little sad to leave the campus where I currently teach, I love the staff and have a great time with them. Also, Tgirl isn't thrilled about leaving her best friend (she will be moving campuses with me). And the news does mean that now I am having to pack up all of my teaching supplies and separate my books and materials from that which belongs to the school and classroom. This is adding A LOT more time and effort to my end of the year packing up the classroom efforts.

But otherwise, I am very happy. I'm returning to the one grade level that I really enjoyed teaching (I have taught 5th, Kindergarten, 2nd and 3rd in my 11 year career). The kids and I will all be on one campus (Tboy's preschool is located on the campus I am transfering to) making pick ups and drop offs much more streamlined - and hopfully getting me to morning devotions on time since I won't be hoping back and forth across town dropping off kids.

And did I mention that I really like 5th grade? :)

No comments: